“People often say ‘stop being angry and educate us’, not understanding that the anger is part of the education.”
And note that folks dont ever take the time to educate themselves. A 2 second Google search would solve problems but folks would rather whine about how mean the marginalized group is being to them…
The anger is part of the education.
If it’s not your job to educate
then it’s nobody’s job to give a shit about what’s got your panties in a knot
The fact is though, you don’t want to educate people or to help solve problems for the marginalised, you just want praise and enablement for your counterproductive temper tantrums. .
Wrong person to say that to:
Meanwhile, the one not giving a shit and failing to listen to people and being as big a prickish dick as they can would, in reality, be, um…
10 Notes on Educating
1. “We” — that is, the collective existence of trans people — do not have to do so.
2. When one of us is asked, it is perfectly reasonable for us to say “no”.
3. If you ask nice, we might point you to the people in our community whom we, as individuals, feel do a good job at it.
4. Not all education on trans stuff is of the same value.
5. What one trans person tells you may differ from what another trans person tells you. As a result, they might both be right, both be wrong, or be all manner of right and wrong because trans people are just as subject to encountering bad information about themselves as you are.
6. Most of us were *just* as confused about this as you are. We learned it, you can too. We learned it because we had to. Your not having to does not mean we now have to teach you.
7. People died so that you could ask us to teach you. Really. Try to remember that.
8. The trans community needs money. The people who teach this stuff, often use that money to help other trans people. Asking me to do it for free is telling me that what I know has no value to you. Not really all that encouraging.
9. There are trans charities out there that do this stuff all the time. You could look them up. I can point you to some, if you ask me how you can help trans people, instead of telling me I need to help you, first.
10. You’ve just learned a bunch about trans stuff that you didn’t know before. Now would be a good time to say thank you.
Not to mention, it’s time consuming to educate. Look at the above. Look at those points made. That takes time and effort. Time and effort that is never appreciated by whiny privileged lazy ass people who demand to be educated.
"whiny privileged lazy ass people"
said the middle class heterosexual cis white woman who is perpetually offended by everything to the gay autistic working class dude
Big Red being a fan of complaining but hating explaining? Who knew?
It just shows how fucking hilariously contrarian these twats are: the one time they don’t want to give their opinion is when someone specifically asks for it
But I seriously love how bragging about yourself and posting pictures of your degrees is now “taking time and effort”
There is no reason to expect others to care for unexplained anger. tonidorsay does not speak on behalf of all trans people.